The Chieftain

The Chieftain

Animation Club Spotlight

Sophomore+Mariam+Abdelsayed+works+on+her+animation+project.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Animation Club Spotlight

Sophomore Mariam Abdelsayed works on her animation project.

The newest Club Spotlight is on the Animation Club, a one-hour after-school meetup dedicated to those interested in just that.

Club adviser Ms. Sylvan explained, “This club is perfect for those interested in animation. You can just come in here and begin animating.”

Video animation is often known for how much time and effort must be put into it. The animation club offers its members the opportunity to spend an hour working on their own projects during club meetings, giving them the time they need to finish personal or class projects.

The club, however, is not just about animating, it lets members meet other people who are passionate about animation and creates an environment which allows them to socialize and work together on their projects, teaching students the valuable lesson of putting their minds together.

Member Liz Polilli said, “Everyone can contribute on a project and everyone participates.” Making it clear that everyone in the animation club helps out, showing the good things that can be created as long as a team works together.

Most clubs have a major team project that everyone works on. The animation club, however, does not restrict its members to just any project. This is due to the fact that the club believes that no-one should be pressured to follow stressful deadlines, and seeks to promote an environment that fosters creative freedom.

Member Zahraa Shaikh said, “I love animation, and I came to this club to explore more about it.” The animation club is not just for expert animators, the club also encourages people to learn more about animation by joining. The club also invites members to go in depth and explore more about animation, including the various different types of animation, such as stop-motion photography and 2D animation.

Liz Polilli, spends her hour at animation club working on a project for PHS Experience, to introduce freshmen to what the animation club does and what comes out of it. According to Polilli, this project takes a lot of time and effort to make and the extra hour she gets from the animation club gives her more time to work on it.