HOSA Volleyball Game: Local Schools Participate in Action-Packed Fundraiser

Student health occupations club raises thousands for medical research and treatment

This year the Piscataway HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America) chapter exceeded expectations as they held their first ever inter-school event. On Friday March 3rd, in collaboration with the HOSA chapters of South Brunswick High School and Woodbridge Academy, they hosted a volleyball game to raise money for medical treatment through Be The Match, .

This organization manages the most diverse marrow registry in the world. It works every day to save lives through transplants for the thousands of people diagnosed every year with life-threatening blood cancers like leukemia and lymphoma. For information on this year’s charity, please visit bethematch.org.

Each school selected students to participate in the match. The host school, Piscataway, came in second after Woodbridge Academy.

After the match, Piscataway HOSA President Ameya Patel was silly sprayed by the HOSA president of Woodbridge Academy.

This event was extremely successful: almost $3,000 was raised for the charity. This tournament was not easy to organize. More than 10 hours a week for 3 months was spent in dedication to organizing this event. Hopefully this annual volleyball tournament will continue for years to come.